Online shopping has continued to become more popular and one of the reasons for this is that it’s a lot less stressful than going to a traditional brick and mortar shop. When it comes to buying CBD products online, it’s no different. In fact, online CBD retailers often have a wider selection and better prices. And they deliver directly to your door.
While buying CBD online is safe, there are a couple of steps to consider that we’ll guide you through to ensure that you find a good quality product from a reliable, professional CBD website.
Step 1 – Find a Reputable Website
Many CBD websites deliver to people living in the UK, to find a reliable site with good quality products you should:
- Check where the company is based, locally-based UK stores will deliver quicker and will abide by stricter regulations with regards to quality so that you know that the products they offer are safe.
- Check for the third-party lab reports; many CBD stores will have a link to the lab reports, which will prove that the product doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals.
- Check that they publish reviews, look for legitimate reviews from verified purchasers and read the comments about the different products. It is possible that there won’t be many reviews as any reviews that feature medical claims cannot be referenced as per the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) guidelines.
- Check for reviews of the website, independent review sites such as Trustpilot as well as reviews on the company’s Facebook page will give you some idea of what you can expect from the company and the kind of service that they offer.
- Investigate more than one option, spend a bit of time browsing the different CBD websites to find one that you’re comfortable with before making a purchase decision.
Step 2 – Choose the Right Product
There are four main things checks to check:
Clear CBD Content on the Label
The product should declare on the bottle the total amount of CBD contained, in mg. This ensures that the product contains CBD, and the information can be used to determine how much you wish to consume.
Check whether the product claims to be organic or if it has organic certification. A CBD oil with organic certification won’t need any further checks, but if the product claims to be organic without certification, you will need to check the ingredients as well as the third-party lab results to ensure that there are no toxins present.
This step is particularly important as hemp is a bio-accumulator, which means that it draws harmful toxins out of the soil such as pesticides, fertilisers and heavy metals. For this reason, the CBD oil needs to be lab-tested, and have followed a certified organic process for planting, harvesting and manufacturing. Third-party lab tests should be available on the manufacturer’s website showing exactly what is in the product. Similarly, any good brand will provide full testing to show what exactly is in their product. This will include documentation that proves the absence of any pesticides and heavy metals.
CO2 or Ultrasonic Extraction
Check that the certificates of analysis from third-party labs confirm which type of extraction process was used in the manufacture of the CBD product. Supercritical CO2 extraction and ultrasound extraction are the two methods that are considered to be safe and effective in extracting the CBD from the hemp plant without causing damage to the extracted compounds and without adding chemicals such as solvents to the end-product.
Full Spectrum CBD
Full-spectrum CBD oil will contain terpenes and other cannabinoids. The entourage effect ensures that the different active ingredients work together. Your CBD oil should, therefore, contain ingredients from the whole hemp plant including additional cannabinoids such as CBG (Cannabigerol), CBGa (Cannabigerol Acid), CBDa (Cannabidiol Acid) and CBN (Cannabinol). Other beneficial compounds include lipids, waxes and terpenes.
Here the lab reports will be able to show certificates of quality (for both the source and the extraction method used), as well as different profiles for the different products as every variety and crop contains varying levels of the different compounds.
Step 3 – Do Your Homework
Look at the Third-Party Lab Reports
Because CBD products sold in health stores are not regulated in the UK, there is no legal requirement that what is written on the label is actually what’s in the product. This is where third-party lab reports come in. They promote transparency in the UK CBD industry as a reputable CBD producer will make their unbiased lab reports available for consumers certifying that they produce high-quality CBD.
The lab reports will show you exactly what you’re putting into your body, including good ingredients such as:
- CBD – you’ll want to see cannabidiol or CBD listed in the ingredients.Other cannabinoids such as CBC, CBG, CBDA and CBN (if they are not listed, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re not present, but they might not have shown on the chromatograph).
There are other ingredients that you do not want to see on the report, so it’s important to check for them, including:
- Growth hormones, pesticides, fertilisers and herbicides – the best CBD oils are 100% organic, which means that none of these ingredients should be present.
- Chemical solvents – if there are any glycols listed on the report, then avoid the product.
- Microbes – there should be no living organisms in your CBD product.
Read the Reviews
The website that you’re ordering from should have a review functionality for all the of the products. Reviews are an excellent way to check that the product will match your expectations both in terms of quality as well as efficacy. They should also be able to alert you to any issues that you might experience with the product. There may not be many reviews on the products as the MHRA stipulates that CBD sites may not publish reviews that have been left by customers featuring medical claims.
Step 4 – Place the Order
Set Up an Account
The website should make setting up an account simple and quick to do. You’ll need to choose an email address and password, and from there, your account will be verified and you’ll be able to add products to your cart ready to check out.
A streamlined checkout process will make it quick to order your chosen CBD products using your card details to pay for your order securely. From there you should receive an email notification telling you when you order will be shipped and when you can expect delivery.
Receive Your Delivery
Reputable CBD stores deliver discretely meaning that the packaging contains no reference to the place where you bought the product and what is contained in the package. This means that you can avoid any stigma attached to order CBD products as, unfortunately, CBD is still often incorrectly associated with marijuana.
From start to finish, the process of ordering online is simple and straightforward. Begin by researching the website and the specific product that you wish to purchase online, and from there, read the research to verify that the product is from a reputable manufacturer and is high quality. Then all that remains is the checkout process, which should be easy to navigate, and then you can expect your order to be delivered within a few working days.